Levels of DHEA in the blood are high in early adulthood, but these levels steadily decline thereafter. Studies indicate that maintaining optimal DHEA levels offers a variety of health benefits, including positive effects on mood and quality of life, maintaining lean muscle mass and more. Youthful circulating levels of DHEA support overall well-being and sexual function as well. In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, 10 months of DHEA supplementation in elderly individuals resulted in increased strength and lean muscle mass from resistance exercise. DHEA regimens promote healthy sexual function, support memory and mood, as well as have a beneficial impact on cognition and the brain. DHEA has beneficial cardiovascular effects. It also promotes bone health. In a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial, one year of DHEA supplementation helped increase bone mineral density in the hips of older adults and spinal bone miner-al density in older women.
- Positive effects on mood and quality of life.
- Improves body muscle mass and strength.
- Increase youthful, sexual function.
- Supports memory and cognitive function.
- Promotes bone health and mineral density.
- Beneficial cardiovascular and circulatory effects.