Grape seed extract contains a naturally occurring variety of antioxidant substances known as polyphenols. Polyphenols have been the subject of hundreds of research studies. The specific compounds found in grape seed extract, namely OPC’s or oligomeric proanthocyanidins have consistently demonstrated significant antioxidant activity. OPC’s vary in molecular size, hence the absorption and biological activity is highly influenced by the size of the molecules. Our European Grape Seed Extract contains only the smaller, low molecular weight, more absorb-able OPC’s known as dimers, trimers, and tetramers. The high content of smaller size OPC’s is crucial for maximum biological activity and hence, the therapeutic value of grape seed extract.
- Provides significant antioxidant protection.
- Provides benefits to the cardiovascular system.
- Proanthocyanidins help protect the collagen matrix of the heart muscle, blood vessels, cartilage, and other soft tissue, against free radical damage.
- Demonstrates its ability to support circulatory health (protecting the integrity of blood vessels) as well as healthy vision (protecting the small blood vessels of the eyes).
- Helps neutralize free radicals that promote the inflammatory process and therefore may provide support against inflammatory-related damage.