Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in your body, yet studies show that most people are deficient in this mineral because of its depletion in our soils and food supply. Magnesium is actually involved in more than 600 reactions in your body, including:
- Energy creation: Helps convert food into energy.
- Protein formation: Helps create new proteins from amino acids.
- Gene maintenance: Helps create and repair DNA and RNA.
- Muscle movement: Is part of the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
- Nervous system function: Helps regulate neurotransmitters, which send messages throughout your brain and nervous system.